Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Assistant II, Principal Gifts - University Advancement - 48751 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Administrative Assistant, Principal Gifts, reports to and provides administrative support for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for University Advancement and Executive Director of Advancement. The position requires experience, sensitivity, and diplomacy; understanding of the high-level relationship-building and strategies involved in securing complex gifts; and talent in guiding projects. The Administrative Assistant works collaboratively with the Principal Giving Program officers, advancement colleagues, faculty, students, and university staff, and plays a vital role in the effort to secure significant support for university priorities from individuals and their personal foundations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative support for the Principal Gifts team. This may include calendar management, telephone support, filing, prospect/donor appointment scheduling and mail processing.
- Manage comprehensive Principal Gifts Program annual calendar, managing workflow and assisting as needed in project management.
- Coordinate meeting agendas and prospect briefings for strategy meetings with senior university leadership, including:
- Assist in the planning and execution of special donor experiences, including Days of Impact, cultivation dinners and receptions, and visits with the Chancellor. Responsibilities may include coordinating invitations, food and beverage, creating itineraries, event briefings, staffing and invoice processing.
- Monitor and order all office supplies, track and maintain program materials, and manage maintenance needs for computers and office equipment.
- Assist in preparation of general correspondence and reports, including coordinating gift acknowledgment letters, gift renewals, fundraising metrics reports, and annual Summaries & Projections reports and others.
- Supervise work-study student and interns.
- Undertake special assignments as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus three years of work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze and prioritize highly sensitive and confidential data in an efficient manner.
- Effectively manage multiple, detailed, and time-sensitive projects with appropriate follow through under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, including the ability to listen, analyze, organize, plan and clearly present detailed information and ability to foster positive relations with diverse constituencies.
- Ability to type 50 - 60 words per minute with strong computer skills and working knowledge of Windows-based software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, PageMaker and FileMaker Pro. Will learn various internal technology programs.
- Ability to work overtime, if necessary.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise good judgment.
- Dependability and punctuality.
- College degree.
- Five years of general office and administrative experience.
- Knowledge of university environment.
The hiring range for this position is $17.48 - $18.21 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement, please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II, Principal Gifts - University Advancement - 48751
Job ID: 48751
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time