Washington University of St. Louis Administrative Assistant II, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48740 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of University Advancement. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary support person to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Business Intelligence. The Administrative Assistant will assist the AVC to support three key functional areas within Business Intelligence including Prospect Management, Prospect Research and Data Analytics. The incumbent will have superior attention to detail, demonstrated outstanding oral and written communication skills, advanced computer skills, ability to work well under deadlines and to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to apply good judgement and handle confidential information and situations with sensitivity and discretion.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general administrative support for the Business Intelligence Unit and the Assistant Vice Chancellor, Business Intelligence. Administrative support includes: managing calendar; providing telephone support; scheduling meetings, handling correspondence; filing; sorting and prioritizing mail; preparing, sending and responding to emails; and drafting correspondence and documents for the Assistant Vice Chancellor and other senior members of the team. Create and manage various spreadsheets, reports and presentations using advanced techniques in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. High level of confidentiality and discretion is required for the office of the AVC.
- Provide backup assistance with administrative duties for the functional areas within the Business Intelligence Unit, including Prospect Management, Prospect Research, and Data Analytics.
- Provide office management support for Business Intelligence staff to include: manage maintenance needs for copiers and printers; assist with meeting scheduling and technical needs for meetings, monitor and order office supplies and other responsibilites as assigned.
- Manage the student worker hiring process for the department during the school year and over the summers; work with Student Financial Services to post open positions; coordinate interviews for potential student worker.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification plus three years of administrative work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to efectively manage multiple, detailed and time-sensitive projects with appropriate follow through under minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism with regard to confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and an ability to work independently.
- Well-organized and ability to complete tasks accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in dealing with competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent grammar skills and proofreading ability.
- Ability to foster a highly professional and welcoming office environment.
- Positive attitude, initiative, resourcefulness, and the skill to handle a high volume of work.
- Ability to have a flexible approach to an ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to strictly adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines of Washington University
- Bachelor’s degree with five or more years of related experience.
- Experience working in higher education and/or non-profit organizations.
- Ability to have sensitivity to the needs and mission of Washington University in St. Louis and understanding of the importance of university relationships with alumni and friends.
The hiring range for this position is $17.48 - $18.21 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
To learn more about careers in University Advancement, please visit http://alumni.wustl.edu/ContactUs/Career_Opportunities/.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II, Business Intelligence Unit - University Advancement - 48740
Job ID: 48740
Location: Alumni & Development Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time