Washington University of St. Louis Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II - Radiation Oncology - 51280 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiation Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position handles all aspects of purchasing. Maintains journals, reconciles and reports Accounts Receivable, processes daily cash receipts, divisional audits, and departmental accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orders supplies and equipment, making price and specification comparisons and accepts bids.
- Maintains receipts and refunds on FIS and IDX and resolving outstanding items.
- Prepares journals to allocate income, verifying accuracy of refunds, discounts, corrections and charges to the correct divisional account.
- Handles maintenance contracts and renewals reviewing and updating as needed in coordination with appropriate personnel and processes payment of services and goods received in areas of responsibility by appropriate documentation or process.
- Performs various audits within the division and maintains receipts of daily deposits.
- Maintains files, varied accounting reports and purchasing documentation.
- Processes payments from mail and lock box, tracking daily receipts.
- Performs receiving functions for supplies or equipment not on purchase orders and monitors incorrect orders and damaged goods from vendors, returning for merchandise credit or replacement merchandise.
- Assists with/handles special projects, annual budget and operating statements.
- Distributes paychecks, handles petty cash, and distributes monthly payroll calendars.
- Monitors reports for the department and the University.
High school diploma or equivalent high school certification, with some college accounting course work, and five years of experience in accounting/purchasing, or the equivalent of five years of related college level education and experience in accounting, finance, purchasing and/or bookkeeping.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers with accounting, including experience in FIS system utilization or other related financial systems.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organization skills with ability to prioritize work.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II - Radiation Oncology - 51280
Job ID: 51280
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time