Washington University of St. Louis Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II - Pediatrics Central Administration - 45663 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Pediatrics Central Administration. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Provides purchasing support to a Clinical/Research unit, within a team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Code documents with correct account number and bu/ob codes ensuring compliance with granting agency guidelines.
- Read, refer and be familiar with University and Pediatric policies and procedures for appropriate use of funds.
- Enter documents on-line (PO, BO, IDO, CR, TA, TR, BA, etc.).
- Processing international Travel Reports and Wire Transfers for various subcontracts and/or individuals ensuring all required documentation and appropriate forms are submitted and in a timely manner, where follow through is crucial.
- Update Award Tracker monthly with capitation amounts.
- Check status of documents and notify appropriate Research Administrator if issues.
- Strive for all approvals to the Research Administrator by 3:00 p.m. daily with appropriate back up to each item, including the E-mail approval from PI, as needed.
- Check for Division ID’s and IN’s on a weekly basis at minimum. Obtain PI approval and fund assignment as needed.
- Match, verify, and file packing slips with PO’s to ensure a complete status.
- Process receiving reports.
- Communicate with study personnel regarding orders.
- Process receipt vouchers.
- Troubleshooting – handle A/P issues, return incorrect shipments, obtain credit, etc.
- Maintain and order office supplies.
- Attend training sessions/seminars related to purchasing.
- Act as liaison between vendors, divisions and the Purchasing and A/P departments.
- Monitor and clear open encumbrances in a timely manner.
- Obtain signatures from research personnel according to government guidelines.
- Assist faculty and staff with identifying appropriate sources for items needed for research.
- Follow University’s year end closing procedures.
- Assist Research Administrator with special projects.
- Run occasional errands.
- Obtain items needed for on boarding of new employees, i.e. long distance codes, lab coats, keys, nameplates, mailboxes, printer set up, PCF access and other items as needed.
- Process travel advances and expense reports.
- Complete requests for phone and computer line connections and disconnections.
- Assist others during downtime.
- Provide backup for another research team.
- All other duties as assigned.
Equivalent of High school diploma, with some college accounting course work, and 5 years experience in accounting and bookkeeping.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of procurement processes and procedures.
- Customer service and professional attitude.
- Ability to type 40 wpm and to use normal office equipment and computers.
- Knowledge of AIS, FIS, spreadsheets and FOCUS.
The hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II - Pediatrics Central Administration - 45663
Job ID: 45663
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time