Washington University of St. Louis Accounting/Purchasing Assistant I - Ophthalmology - 47163 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Ophthalmology. The position is located at Maternity Building. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position handles all aspects of purchasing for division, providing monthly/quarterly reports of expenses.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters and approves on line documents in FIS, such as PO’s, check requests, travel advances and various orders, bills and invoices.
- Processes manual documents such as foreign drafts, invoice statements and journals.
- Acts as a liaison between vendors, division and accounts payable.
- Compiles monthly and quarterly reports of expenses to division.
- Maintains open encumbrances and asset records, record check numbers on documents, PARS, accounts, and copying/filing.
- Acts as backup for other administrative areas, such as grants, when necessary.
- Sends mail to Accounts Payable.
High school diploma or equivalent GED/HiSET and two years experience in accounting or bookkeeping preferred.
- Experience with the University AIS/FIS system.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment, and computers with accounting and organizational skills, including experience in FIS system utilization.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $16.53 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Accounting/Purchasing Assistant I - Ophthalmology - 47163
Job ID: 47163
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time