Washington University of St. Louis Accountant III - Off-Campus Housing (QHC) - 49628 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 37.5 hours per week. The ability to work outside normal office hours is required.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Off-Campus Housing (QHC). This position is for the North Danforth Campus. This position may be required to travel to on- and off-campus locations as needed.
As a senior level accountant, must have general knowledge of all business practices, duties, systems and other requirements and responsibilities of the accounting department. Responsible for timely, accurate, and efficient completion of departmental deadlines working closely with the Accounting Supervisor to ensure business operations function smoothly for all assets and entities managed by the Real Estate Department, including Off-Campus Housing, Commercial Real Estate, Strategic Real Estate, and other University rentals, holdings and acquisitions.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proactively reviews and audits general ledger, tenant ledger, banking and other accounts, tenant files and all other applicable department, real estate, and property management records. Responsible for general ledger activity, including journals, allocations, check requests, refunds, various reporting items, and other duties required within the accounting cycle.
- Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with the Accounting Supervisor and Assistant Director of Accounting for Real Estate & Auxes. Provides high level support and advice to senior management. Relied upon as an expert within the department and to act as a resource to other accounting staff for guidance and training. Assists the Supervisor with interviews and hiring process. Coordinates special projects assigned by management. Brings constructive ideas and projects forward for the betterment of the department, all the while working independently and without routine supervision.
- Analyzes and prepares all account reconciliations amongst multiple financial and subsidiary systems, including detailed tracking of prepaid assets and accrued expenses. Updates/generates various financial reports, data and other analysis associated with property management and real estate. Assists with variance explanations.
- Serves as responsible for various banking functions and cash management for 20+ bank accounts, including deposits, wire transfers, bank reconciliations, on-line bank account functions, tenant refunds, and other payables.
- Reviews/approves department ProCard activity, purchase requisitions/orders. Generates various entity invoices. Approves intradepartmental invoices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An undergraduate degree in accounting or business related field, with three to five years of general accounting experience.
- CPA or MBA is a plus.
- Commercial and/or residential property management experience.
- Yardi software experience.
- Experience in a decentralized University environment.
- Capacity to exercise judgment and take corrective action.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to handle high volume periods and meet deadlines with varying degrees of pressure.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Self-motivated individual driven by challenge.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of reliability, accuracy and productivity.
The hiring range for this position is $48,087 - $62,517 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or prtected veteran status.
Job Title: Accountant III - Off-Campus Housing (QHC) - 49628
Job ID: 49628
Location: Danforth - Main Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time