Bank of America Merrill Lynch Financial Advisor Planning Development Program in Springfield, Missouri
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is part of Bank of America Corporation.
The Team Financial Advisor (TFA) role is a specific functional role aligned to a Financial Advisor (FA) team for the purpose of concentrating on a targeted aspect of the Team’s business. The primary focus of the TFA Planner role is to deliver a full range of goals-based planning & financial solutions to their FA Team’s clients. The TFA Planner will own and manage the planning components of the team’s client service model.
· Understand all aspects of an optimal practice and complete the training and development needed to prepare for a successful career as a Financial Advisor
· Build and maintain a clear process for adding to and updating client profile information in Salesforce after regular client reviews
· Consistently make adjustments to analytics, portfolio, balance sheet, net worth statement and recommendations based on new or relevant information
· Deliver a full range of goals-based financial planning / wealth strategies including assessment of client needs
· Maintain a robust knowledge of the firm’s latest planning tools, techniques and strategies
· Maintain a full understanding of ML online capabilities
· Possess a working knowledge of financial planning wealth management tools
· Possess niche-related knowledge and remain current on industry rules and relevant regulations including future standards that may be mandated
· Use relevant knowledge and content to educate other Financial Advisors on strategies
· Manage the team’s client profiling process by leveraging all Firm resources
· Deliver holistic goals-based financial solutions to clients
· Prepare and present detailed customized client reports including metrics on progress to goals, especially during client reviews
· Fulfill continuing education requirements to maintain designation(s)
· Establish and maintain relationships with the management team and inform them of circumstances that require supervisoryattention/review/approvalper compliance guidelines and policies
· Complete required training, obtain industry licenses (Series 7 & 66), master assessments, maintain continuing education requirements and meets minimum performance standards
· Source prospective clients and capitalize on referrals
· Deliver customized solutions and through collaboration deliver the full resources of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination. Legal authorization to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship is required.
· Strong analytical skills
· Proven ability to identify clients optimal risk profiles, goals, objectives and appropriate asset allocation
· Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriatesolutions/interventions
· Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
· Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
· Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
· Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
· Goal and results oriented
· Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
· Proven ability to engage with and influence others
· Solid follow-through skills
· Strong computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
NOTE: In addition to Planning, this position may be considered for both the Business Management and the Investment and Financing roles
Ideal candidate will have:
· At minimum a Bachelors Degree
· Credentialed with planning designations (s) – CFP or CHFC – The TFA curriculum assists candidates prepare for and earn the CFP designation
· Experience working with clients on planning-related needs
· Proficiency in using SalesForce / Client Relationship Manager Tool
· Strong understanding of the Financial Advisor role
Posting Date : 12/10/2018
Kansas City, MO, 4801 MAIN ST (MO9480),
Springfield, MO, 1630 E BRADFORD PKWY (MO9630),
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 37.5
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.