Thermo Fisher Scientific Sr. HR Manager in Saint Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Human Resources Manager is based in our St. Louis, MO site. As a trusted advisor to the business and functional leaders, you will consult and take action in the areas of talent management, organizational development, performance management, career development, employee relations, and compensation planning and change leadership.
What will you do?
Translate strategic priorities into HR actions, programs, and initiatives.
Evaluate and advise client groups on programs or strategies that impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
Ensure effective talent attraction and management including recruitment, assessment, and development.
Lead HR initiatives and support annual HRR processes for assigned client group(s).
Develop innovative approaches to broad organizational design issues that support long-term business goals.
Assist managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee training needs.
Support and coach managers on HR policies and processes, people management, and career development.
Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
Drive effective compensation equity and planning processes for the assigned client group.
Act as a change agent and lead change management initiatives for the site and/or assigned client groups including restructuring events.
Participate in the broader regional HR team to drive HR process improvement projects and initiatives.
Utilize HR analytics and people dashboards in collaboration with business leaders to influence change in HR tactics and/or strategy.
Partner with site, HR, and Business leaders to oversee and provide guidance on site activities, shape culture, and drive employee engagement.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required.
- Master's degree or MBA preferred.
Must have 10+ years of experience in various aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development) and at least 2 - 3 years of people management experience.
Manufacturing experience highly desired.
- Knowledge and understanding of US labor and employment law and business partnering experience.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- Working within a diverse and cross-functional team.
- Navigating complex matrix-ed organizations and adapting quickly to changing business needs.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong process improvement orientation.
- Ability to translate strategies into deliverables in a fast-paced business.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues
- Can effectively secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.