1904labs Practice Lead - Decision Science in Saint Louis, Missouri
About Us Interested in working for a human-centered technology company that prides itself on using modern tools and technologies? Want to be surrounded by intensely curious and innovative thinkers?
Seeking to solve complex technical challenges by building products that work for people, meet and exceed the needs of businesses, and work elegantly and efficiently?
Modeling ourselves after the 1904 World’s Fair, which brought innovation to the region, 1904labs is seeking top technical talent in St. Louis to bring innovation and creativity to our clients.
Our clients consist of Fortune 500 and Global 2000 companies headquartered here in St. Louis. We partner with them on complex projects that range from reimagining and refactoring their existing applications, to helping to envision and build new applications or data streams to operationalize their existing data. Working in a team-based labs model, using our own flavor of #HCDAgile, we strive to work at the cutting edge of technology’s capabilities while solving problems for our clients and their users.
The Practice The Decision Science practice is focused on developing best in class methods and algorithms, to enable our customers to use data to make the right decisions. We have a deep passion for data architecture, modeling, and service design in an environment of cutting edge analytics.
The Role The Practice Lead provides leadership within 1904labs for Decision Science. In addition, the Practice Leader works with our Business Development and Marketing teams to promote their service offerings and generate new client relationships and related revenue.
Responsibilities • Creating and maintaining thought capital in the forms of service offerings and/or process model definitions
• Providing thought leadership for Decision Science methods including Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Predictive and Prescriptive Analytics.
• Assisting in the acquisition of new clients and growth of existing clients
• Recruiting Data Scientists into your practice and mentoring them in best practices and technology usage within the Decision Science ecosystem
• Providing career mentoring and advice to members of your practice
• Modeling and nurturing 1904labs culture within your practice
• Working with other practice leaders and team leaders to facilitate knowledge sharing across the company
• Creating marketing materials to enable promotion of service offerings
Desired Skills • Deep understanding of the techniques employed in Decision Science domain including areas such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Prescriptive and Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
• A passion for turning data insights into reusable algorithms that can power real time decision making.
• Understanding of agile development best practices
• Experience serving as the technical leader in client relationships in a consulting environment
• Comfortable presenting technical information to diverse audiences, from board level to interns
• Experience hiring, leading and inspiring technical personnel
• Experience presenting Decision Science topics to technical and non technical audiences.
Perks • Standard Benefits Program (medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), professional development and education assistance, PTO).
• Innovation Hours - Ten percent (10%) of our work week is set aside to work on our own product ideas in a highly collaborative and supportive environment. The best part: The IP remains your own. We are a high-growth culture and we know that when we help people focus on personal and professional growth, collectively, we can achieve great things.
• Dress code - we don't have one
This role is located in St. Louis, MO. While we would prefer local candidates your current location is not the most important factor; please help us understand why you would like to call St. Louis home if you would be relocating