MasterCard Senior Analyst, Risk Management in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Analyst, Risk Management
The Third Party Risk Assessment Analyst is part of the Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) team within the Global Supply Chain organization. The analyst is responsible for performing risk assessments of suppliers and other third parties according to the TPRM program framework in order to ensure compliance to Mastercard’s standards and to help management understand, measure, and manage the risks inherent with third party relationships.
• Do you have an eye for identifying risks and control deficiencies?
• Have you ever performed vendor/supplier risk assessments and/or on-site audits?
• Develop and maintain a working understanding of Mastercard’s products, services, and activities, as well as third party risk management principles and practices.
• Evaluate requests for new or modified third party engagements and prioritize / segment based on various risk factors.
• Collaborate with business requestors, Sourcing or Legal team members, and other TPRM team members to ensure a thorough understanding of the engagement and the risks inherent within.
• Ensure third party adherence to Mastercard’s standards and contractual requirements by performing remote and/or on-site assessments of third parties.
• Identify gaps or issues based on Mastercard’s third party standards and document to enable other TPRM colleagues and business relationship managers to evaluate the risk and develop appropriate action plans.
• Document assessments performed according to program requirements.
All About You:
• Business acumen and strategic thinking skills to enable understanding of third party risks in context of business activities.
• Experience performing remote and on-site third party assessments and/or contract audits.
• Foundational knowledge and experience with / exposure to all relevant risk disciplines (information security, business continuity, data privacy, legal and regulatory compliance, and general business risk), as well as subject matter expertise in at least one of these disciplines.
Education and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability in multi-tasking on complex projects.
• Ability to adapt to change quickly, work comfortably with ambiguity, and manage multiple tasks successfully.
• Commitment to customer service, stakeholder relationships, and high impact communications across all organizational levels.
• Passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
• Strong professional presence and awareness that even while auditing a third party, you represent the Mastercard brand.
• Passion for continuous learning and growth—both business and technical skills.
• Certification desired: CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP, CIA, CTPRP, CTPRA, C3PRMP, PCIP, ISA, CIPP, or related.
• Strong working knowledge of current workplace productivity and collaboration tools, especially Microsoft Office 365 (including SharePoint, Excel, Planner, and Teams).
• Demonstrates exceptional judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive risk and issue information, including confidential business partner information.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126354