MasterCard Senior Accountant in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
• Are you motivated to work in a team that provides global services?
• Do you like to simplify, standardize, and transform existing processes?
The Senior Accountant will provide excellent accounting services to Mastercard as part of the Global Business Services Center (GBSC). The candidate will be responsible for delivering timely and accurate accounting services to our Mastercard Worldwide business unit(s) including the financial month-end close process for rebates and incentives, contract review and rebate and incentive payment validation and approval.
• Review executed contracts and create customers, deals and incentives in the Mastercard Contra Revenue System (CRS)
• Accomplish timely, accurate close of the CRS sub ledger and Oracle general ledger including creation and review of journal entries
• Identify and prepare manual journal entries through the analysis of close results, trends and actual to budget/forecast
• Prepare and review general ledger account reconciliations
• Perform detailed review of rebate and incentive payment requests including contract review and validation of driver data to various internal systems
• Provide overall support and customer service to business partners located throughout the Mastercard organization
• Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency, quality of output and optimize synergies
• Monitor performance indicators to track progress against goals
• Perform various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
• Partner with financial systems regarding CRS requirements, data, reporting, and functionality
• Support SOX control compliance
• Other duties as required
All About You:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or MBA, preferred
• Knowledge of US GAAP and current accounting concepts
• Prior revenue, contra revenue, and/or contract management experience, preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service and business acumen
• Progressive accounting experience preferably in a large, global environment
• Ability to deliver accurate results in a fast-paced environment with attention to deadline constraints
• Robust understanding of financial/ERP systems, preferably direct experience with Oracle
• Prior experience in significant process improvements projects
• Organize and prioritize multiple activities among a team with a high sense of urgency
• Customer service oriented with the ability to communicate effectively and develop solid working relationships across multiple levels and organization boundaries
• Capable of working within a changing environment with excellent analytical, planning and organization skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-128407