MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
As a Lead Product Manager - Technical on the Mastercard Smart Data Insights teams, you’ll bring your expertise leading and driving the product vision to create world-class data solutions. You will support the Smart Data enterprise platform with innovative solutions that move the Mastercard business forward, and you will contribute directly to the launch of a global Reporting & Analytics commercial Insights platform to simplify payments, monitor expenses, and for making smarter business decisions. As a global business, the teams you will work with will deliver software operating at-scale, requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and stories that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Product team, Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services
• Owns the working backwards document and vision for one or more features
• Elicits and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
• Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Owns and manages product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product and inform the backlog
• May participate with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Coordinates with interdependent teams on platform product requirements
• Keeps close to the design of the user experience
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the features
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Mentors team members and assists with candidate selection and onboarding
Experience leading Business Intelligence Products, and solid Agile knowledge is a huge plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-124595