MasterCard Lead Product Manager - Technical in O'Fallon, Missouri
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Product Manager - Technical
• Responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends
• Using the Working Backwards method, decomposes business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Works with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collects and shares user stories with engineering teams
• Acts as the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services
• Owns the working backwards document and vision for feature releases
• Identifies gaps and charters new platform capabilities as required
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product
• Compares features for competitive review to inform prioritization within a platform product release
• Identifies innovations or performs test and learn experiments to create features that add more business and customer value for a platform product
• Participates with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap
• Makes trade-off decisions on platform product features
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Exhibits expertise within platform feature area and coordinates with interdependent teams
• Digests business customer requirements (user stories, use cases) and platform requirements for a platform feature set
• Has visibility into the design of the user experience
• Determines release goals for the platform and prioritizes assigned features according to business and platform value, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level
• Reviews product demo with the development team against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Stays aligned with GTM plans for the feature set
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and communicates to leadership
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Develops and implements new metrics into measurement techniques; works with development teams to develop reports to monitor them
• Independently identifies and researches anomalous performance; escalates findings to senior management
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Owns and manages product documentation; enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Identifies feature risks from business and customer feedback and in-depth analysis of operational performance; shares with senior leadership
• Establishes a network within the organization; begins to build internal and external networks
• Mentoring team members
• Assists with candidate selection and onboarding"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111168