True Manufacturing Cost Accounting Clerk in O'Fallon, Missouri
The Cost Accounting Clerk performs ERP system cost updates associated with the creation of new products, the movement of items during the manufacturing process, and the transfer of items between branch plants and company locations. This position requires data review, assists with the reporting of inventory values and manufacturing variances, and performs other cost accounting department activity as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform daily cost updates for new items added to the various branch plants. This consists of researching for active manufacturing bills of material (BOM’s), performing cost simulations to calculate standard cost and then copying the costs to the branch plants.
- Perform daily review of Item Master data to ensure accuracy.
- Review BOM standard cost calculations for accuracy.
- Process all internal customer requests for standard costs in specific branch plants.
- Perform a refresh of material costs for the models requested to ensure the current BOM structure is updated, accurate, and complete for all Sales Department inquiries.
- Process and manage incoming base price requests, which includes calculating a price based on established formulas and maintaining the master Excel file.
- Review daily work order variances and communicate issues to Inventory Department as needed.
- Assist Accounts Payable Department in allocating invoice surcharges.
- Review production change notices (PCN’s) for material cost impact to current products.
- Assist with the monthly raw material and work in process inventory reporting.
- Prepare a quarterly “Raw Material Analysis” report, comparing fluctuations in material costs for specific high volume purchased parts.
- Prepare estimated material costs for new projects and modifications for existing models as requested by the Engineering and R&D; Departments.
- Assist Cost Accounting in the monthly Received Not Vouchered (RNV) and inventory in-transit analysis.
- Assist with various aspects of the quarterly cost refresh which includes a review of major fluctuations in the material costs of the purchased parts, manufactured parts, and finished goods levels.
- Assist with the project to develop and sort manufacturing expenses by branch plant locations. This information will be used during the Epicor system implementation and for developing machine rates for various machining operations.
- Assist with the reporting of the commodity price changes for the year and the impact they have on the top 60 selling models using a weighted average basis.
- Regular and reliable attendance in the office is required.
- This position requires work to be performed on-site at our corporate office and does not provide for working from home offices.
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Bachelor’s degree in business with an accounting focus preferred.
Two or more years of related experience preferred.
Must have an intermediate level of Microsoft Excel skill.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Position requires a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience using an automated ERP system in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Must be reliable and understand the value and importance of team work.
The hours for this position are 7:30am - 4:00pm, Monday through Friday.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Company-paid drug screen and background check, including credit check, required upon hire.
Since 1945, True has remained steadfast in our mission "To provide a wide range of American-made commercial refrigeration products that exceed industry quality standards at competitive prices." Throughout the years, True has maintained a business strategy focused on innovation and capital investment in updated facilities and state-of-the-art technologies. We are not only interested in a leadership role in the commercial refrigeration industry, but also as a leader and model in efficient, responsible manufacturing worldwide.
Posted: November 15, 2018