Citi Business & Planning Lead Analyst – Citibanking & Deposit Products in O'Fallon, Missouri
Primary Location: United States,Missouri,O'fallon
Other Location: United States,South Carolina,Fort Mill
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Business Management and Admin
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18049810
Citibanking Segment, Deposits and Payment Products team provides liability needs for its retail banking. Customers and to create BIC banking experience. Core products include Checking, Money Market, CD’s, and Payment products. The Citibanking Segment manages mass market clients. The business is seeking to add a Business & Planning Lead Analyst to analyze business trends and drive execution of growth expectations.
The Business & Planning Lead Analyst should be a strategic thinker with a deep understanding financial, strategy, competitive landscape, planning and products in the US Retail Banking Industry. This individual will blend an organized and analytical mindset with original, outside-the-box thought to produce fresh insight and to help meet business goals. They will also assist in helping develop new and fresh forecasting model to move the business forward while prepare strategic presentations. The ideal candidate should be highly detail oriented while not losing sight of the big picture. They should be curious and an eager self-starter who proactively finds, shares, and plans around the strategic goals of the retail bank.
• Develop strategic presentation for the Retail Product and Citibanking segment team to communicate learnings and strategies to senior level executives
• Work on investment opportunities with the Product and Segment leads as well as finance and strategy.
• Work with managers to understand and documentation of all expense over-runs.
• Preparing sections of the Monthly Business Reviews
• Work with key partners (Finance, DM, etc) to perform analysis to propel the group’s product / segment into industry leaders
• Partner product / segment teams to find and take advantage of opportunities for growth and improvement. Developing product strategy balancing financial objectives with customer segment strategy objectives. Identify key customer needs, usage and attitudes and competitive frame as basis for developing, innovating and refining products, pricing / margin management and messaging.
• Gather and analyze competitive intelligence, test and learn into competitor offerings.
• Drive operational excellence (regulatory compliance, operational risk management, etc)
• Ensure adherence with control and governance processes
• Build forecasting models
Candidates must have a proven track record in product management with 6-8 years of experience preferred. Ideal candidates will also have demonstrated the ability to create, sell and implement new business development initiatives up and across the organization. Undergraduate degree required, MBA preferred. Strong Excel, Powerpoint, and Work skills. Financial / forecasting modelling experience is a plus.
Key, demonstrable skills include:
Drives Results: demonstrated ability to achieve business targets
Analytics: proven ability to conduct the necessary analysis to frame the business problem and provide the basis for program strategy / execution. Uses data and facts to inform decision making.
Creativity: proven ability to develop a range of solutions or alternatives to close the business gap, or problem solve.
Teamwork: successful track record in leading and managing internal and external teams. Ability to “sell” or gain buy-in across function or organization.
Customer Focus: proven ability to identify key customer needs and to develop products and influence marketing programs and the sales force to meet those needs.
Financial Skills: demonstrable understanding of key revenue and expense drivers. Ability to model and track financial goals and targets. Ability to develop business models and pro formas. Knowledge of lending products.
Quality / Attention to Detail: maintains high standards of product, service and process quality. Manages the business with attention to detail and data integrity. Possesses good follow-up skills and manages projects to agreed upon timelines.
Communication: strong ability to communicate / present ideas and plans face-to-face and in writing.
Leadership: strong leadership and influencing skills. Synthesizes market and competitive data into compelling and defensible strategic insights. Sells and guides strategy across business functions.
Control Focus: Focus on controls environment and works within Citi’s controls framework.