Cardinal Health Consultant, Sales - Laboratory Diagnostic Instrument Sales Specialist in Missouri
What Business Development - Med Dev contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Development is responsible for driving sales and services to new and existing customers. Responsible for maximizing customer value/satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Builds and maintains relationship with key decision makers or potential influencers. Involves a longer sales cycle.
Manage the sales process of capital equipment in the clinical laboratory to include lead generation, financial modeling working closely with our manufacturer partners to close system sales in chemistry, immunology, histology, microbiology, hematology, and molecular diagnostics within assigned region.
- Effectively provide competitive differentiation and value to the overall customer solution. Provide in-depth technical expertise regarding assigned product lines.
- Utilize competitive, customer, and product knowledge to establish competitive barriers to market penetration by positioning Cardinal Health Diagnostic's solutions.
- Assist customers in achieving defined business/technical and personal goals. These responsibilities will include pre & post analysis review.
- Work cross functionally with internal colleagues and peers to share information and best practices while remaining actively involved in industry/customer organizations that impact business.
- Deliver tailored presentations specific to customer needs incorporating the outcome data from the various process analysis.
- Conduct system demonstrations & presentations where applicable; Road Shows, Site Visits, etc.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Min 4 years related sales experience in lab medicine preferred
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Proven product knowledge in business area
- Valid driver's license
- 3 to 5 years selling capital equipment and laboratory equipment into hospitals and reference laboratories
- Medical Technology experience preferred
- Functional understanding of Laboratory workflow and process
- Experience working in complex sales environments with demonstrated success
- Successful negotiation, strategic planning and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong business acumen, and a desire to conquer complex sales processes
- What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.