Graybar IT Business Analyst (Accounting & Finance) in Maryland Heights, Missouri
Make a difference.
As anIT Business Analystfor Graybar in St. Louis, MO, you will work with internal customers, Corporate sponsors, technical resources, and other team members to design and implement software solutions that support business processes for our Accounting & Finance department. You will also facilitate the optimization of business unit performance by enhancing the alignment between business process owners and Information Technology. You are integral to any decision-making involving technology for our Accounting & Finance team.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of SAP and the business processes that are managed by the Accounting organization and support the overall company. Assigned areas of responsibility include G/L postings and related processes, inventory calculations (LIFO, sales order stock, and related processes), cost of sales accrual (“COSA”), profitability analysis (“COPA”), and national incentive agreement (NIA) allocations.
In this role you will: * Resolve day-to-day technology needs of the business with a focus on the analysis of process problems and suggesting solutions. * Lead the gathering of business requirements; responsible for the collection, analysis, review, documentation, and communication of business needs, and for ensuring proposed solutions meet business requirements. * Identify processes for improvement; document existing processes, analyze gaps between the current and the desired state, design new processes, and plan the transition to the new process. * Collaborate with internal customers, other functional teams, development teams, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options; advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact. * Develop and promote good business relationships; prioritize work to be done, and coordinate activities with internal customers and information technology colleagues to ensure successful project implementation and meet expected service levels. * Maintain full knowledge of all phases of business-specific technology implementations; apprise business management of progress; keep IT management aware of issues and potential problems, and resolve conflicts. * Test system changes related to assigned business processes to ensure the changes adequately satisfy business requirements with no negative impact. * Document work, including change requests/functional specifications, and manage changes to documentation; responsible for end user documentation including help documents and training aides such as Quick Reference Guides, Work Instructions, and videos for new and existing functionality.
What you bring to the table:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Expertise in as well as an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities, and demonstrate the ability to leverage both IT solutions and business process improvements preferred
- Knowledge of Financial Controlling (FICO) and Profitability Analysis (COPA) modules in SAP preferred
- Knowledge of the Sales (SD) process and the subsequent G/L postings in SAP preferred
- Knowledge of LIFO guidelines and process preferred
- Knowledge of the National Incentive Agreement (NIA) process preferred
- Analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to work well in cross-functional project teams
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including translating technical concepts into business terms
- Experience designing creative solutions to meet business needs
Ability to perform some of the duties of the IT Technical Analyst in their absence
*Working Conditions * Traditional office environment. Some travel required.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Title: IT Business Analyst (Accounting & Finance)
Location: Missouri-Maryland Heights