H&R Block Tax Research Specialist OCOE - Seasonal in Kansas City, Missouri
Tax Research Specialist OCOE - Seasonal
Performs independent research, analysis, and planning on a variety of federal/state/local tax issues; Reviews, checks, and processes Peace of Mind (POM) claims, determining validity of each claim and the correct tax liability; Provides secondary review of denials.
Associate’s degree in Accounting or other related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of 3 years preparing individual tax returns.
• Operational knowledge of tax law and regulations sufficient to understand and explain elements of personal, corporate, partnership, trust, and international taxation as they are reported to federal, state, and local taxing authorities.
• Knowledge of federal/state/local tax research principles, procedures, and techniques.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively research federal/state/local tax issues and effectively communicate findings.
• Ability to interpret, analyze, and correctly formulate solutions to federal/state/local tax situations.
• Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Writing skills sufficient to communicate federal/state/local tax information in a clear manner for educational and training materials.
• Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group.
• Demonstrates critical conceptual and intellectual skills.
• Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions.
• Ability to make determination and communicate decisions professionally, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels within the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
• Credential regulated under the Circular 230 (Enrolled Agent, CPA, or Attorney).
Corporate Job Categories:
One H&R Block Way