Internal Revenue Service Supervisory Contact Representative *MSP* *Temporary NTE 1 Year* *Roster* in Kansas City, Missouri
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION:The Wage & Investment Division (W&I;) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. Key W&I; objectives are to provide high-quality taxpayer assistance, and to enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns, make payments and receive assistance. W&I; partners with private organizations to provide assistance to such disadvantaged groups as elderly and low-income taxpayers.
WHAT DOES A FRONT LINE MANAGER DO?As a Front Line Manager, first level supervisor, you will be responsible for assigning, directing, and reviewing the work of subordinate employees. You will use your leadership skills and management techniques for planning, scheduling, and coordinating work operations, planning and carrying out the training and development of employees, evaluating employees' work performance, and in performing all other related administrative functions. Generally, you will direct the work operations of subordinates performing administrative, complex clerical, technical and/or work comparable in nature. The functions, activities, and services provided may have limited geographic coverage and support activities within specific agency program segments.
(15) Fifteen positions are located in Wage & Investment, Accounts Management Operations at 333 West Pershing Road. Kansas City, MO 64108 (MO1937).
*This is a roster announcement open continuously and allows applicants to apply up to the last cut off date listed in the announcement. The roster will be used to fill positions throughout the next 12 months. We are projecting approximately 15 vacancies may be filled during the life of this roster open period of 07/25/2018 to 03/06/2019 - selections may be made through 07/12/2019. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, one or more vacancies may be filled in the POD as they become available in the location during the life of this roster. Applicants need to apply and be eligible by 11:59pm eastern time (EST) at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered: 08/07/2018, 09/10/2018, 12/06/2018, 03/06/2019. Applicants need to apply and be eligible on or prior to the cut off dates or the closing date to be considered for the roster*
Learn more about this agency
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities, and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit, and recommend appointment, promotion, or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes, and/or to increase the quality of the work directed. *WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS?* If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Current IRS Internal/Agency Employees
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- #### Job family (Series)
0962 Contact Representative
Conditions of Employment
- Must be U.S. Citizen or National
- IRS Employees on Career or Career Conditional Appointments
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement. * *BASIC REQUIREMENTS (FRONT LINE MANAGER): You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the next lower level within the payband or GS grade in the normal line of progression in the Federal service. To be qualifying for this position your experience should be sufficient to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of management techniques, methods, theories, principles, and labor relations concepts, to assure optimum utilization of personnel, equipment, and space for the accomplishment of all program objectives with combined technical and administrative oversight;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, other official guidance and principles, including the latest procedures and techniques sufficient to oversee the planning, development and implementation of the technical aspects of programs specific to the position being filled;
- Knowledge of basic budget management principles and practices (i.e. ability to maintain and manage financial resources); and
Knowledge of communicative techniques to effectively and diplomatically interact with internal and external customers.
The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: 92411 **A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT**:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargainingunit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday Day shift start time between 6:00 - 8:00 am & swing shift start time between 3:00 - 5:00 pm. TOD will be determined upon selection.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- Subject to a 1 year supervisory or managerial probationary period (unless already completed).
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating:Applicants determined tentatively eligible/qualified by the system will be prompted to complete the Technical Competency Narrative Questionsand to provide a brief description of your exceptional accomplishment(s) related to the position to be filled.
Your application will be evaluated on the leadership and technical competencies of the position to be filled per the Service's Management Selection Program (MSP) 2.0 which covers Frontline, Department and Senior Manager positions. Technical competencies for this position are: 1. Accounts Management 2. Call Center Operations 3. Quality Management & Assurance 4. Service Delivery** IRS employees must complete the Leadership Succession Review (LSR) Assessment. Step by step instructions, on the on-line self assessment and managerial assessment, are available at http://hco.web.irs.gov/apps/CAC/LSR2/mgrcheck.asp. The results from this assessment are used in ranking applicants on the leadership competencies. You will need the results from this assessment to complete your CareerConnector on-line application.
Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported.
Referral: You will be assigned to one of three quality groups. Each group represents a quality level (i.e., Superior/Best Qualified, Highly Qualified, Qualified). Candidates will be considered in quality group order.
If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site. If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee eligible for the* Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), you must receive a score of HIGHLY QUALIFIED or better to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority. *To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
A complete application includes 1. A resume, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible). All applicants** are required to submit a resume either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) http://www.jobs.irs.gov/downloads/CoverLetterTips.pdf To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your resume. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your resume to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view resume tips http://www.jobs.irs.gov/downloads/ResumeTips.pdf
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) DOCUMENTATION:If you are a displaced or surplus Treasury employee, click CTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents. IRS CTAP eligibles can apply for jobs within and outside the commuting area. IRS Reassignment Preference Program (RPP):**You must meet the requirements in your RPP notice. Submit a copy of your RPP Notice along with a copy of your most recent annual performance appraisal. Your performance appraisal must have a fully successful or higher overall rating.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL/AWARDS:Submit a copy of your most recent completed performance appraisal. IRS employees:* if a revalidated appraisal is used for merit promotion, the supervisor must prepare a narrative for each critical job element that does not have a narrative describing the performance in the appraisal period covered by the rating. Note: If you are a manager or management official, your most recent annual performance appraisal must be used for the overall rating identified. EDUCATION DOCUMENTATION:If you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. If the position has specific education requirements and you are currently (or have previously been) in the Federal job series to be filled, there is no need to submit a transcript or equivalent at this time.*Non-IRS employees may substitute an SF-50 showing you held the series. An official transcript will be required if you are selected. A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page. If you are qualifying based on foreign education, you must submit proof of creditability of education as evaluated by a credentialing agency. Refer to the OPM instructions.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date. Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at*http://jobs.irs.gov/seasonal/reasonable-accommodation.html. We will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Xai Kong 816-499-4400 if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.*
- To begin,either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
- You will be re-directed to Treasury’s CareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).* Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.*
- To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the* more information* link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received. To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete. If you are currently in non-work status and have not completed the LSR Assessment your manager will only be able to complete the LSR Assessment fillable PDF form. Please make sure your manager has your most current contact information. The following steps must be taken:1. *Your manager will be contacted by the Employment Office (EO) to completethe* LSRAssessmentfillable PDF formon you. Once the** LSR Assessment is completed (with 2nd level management concurrence) your manager will contact you to share your LSR Assessment ratings.
- Your manager will forward the LSR Assessment ratings form to the EO for upload to the announcement in CareerConnector. Note: When you return to work status, go to the LSR website to complete your demographics and self-assessment on-line. Your manager and your second level manager will also need to go on-line to complete the managerial assessment/2nd level concurrence. Your manager can use the completed PDF LSR assessment to fill out the on-line assessment. Once completed you will have an "out of cycle" LSR assessment for your use in applying for future vacancies.**
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at* email@example.com/or the *USAJOBS Help Desk*.*
Agency contact information
IRS Jobs Online Helpdesk
866-743-5748 Option 1
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE 333 West Pershing Road Kansas City, Missouri 64108 United States
Learn more about this agency
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.” Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/506008800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/25/2018 to 03/06/2019
Salary: $61,605 to $80,089 per year
Pay scale & grade: IR 07
Work schedule: Full-Time - Full time
Appointment type: Permanent - Temporary NTE 1 year, may be extended up to 5 years, may become permanent