Honeywell Supervisor Quality in Kansas City, Missouri
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of breakthroughs
Supervises bargaining unit inspection personnel in evaluating the quality of materials and products. Role model forKansas City Division's core values.
***Must have the ability to work any shift***
- Develops and trains employees in product inspection and conformance to specifications.
- Evaluates requirements for staffing, equipment and facilities within the areas of responsibility; implements Quality Policies.
- Assures employees are trained and assigned to perform necessary operations including conformance to quality specifications.
- Assures compliance to and encourages employee involvement in Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) activities, security policies, good housekeeping and cost effectiveness.
- Evaluates methods of inspection and suggests necessary improvements.
- Interfaces effectively with DOE, Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Engineering and other support organizations.
- Coordinates inspection schedules to meet priorities and arranges for disposition of material.
- Implements quality policies and delegates and disseminates instructions to staff.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement and employee involvement activities.
- Exhibits and practices a personal commitment to operational surety and instills the same attitude in operational personnel.
- Able to independently resolve most operations issues (customer requirements, facilities issues, technical problems) within set operations parameters, engaging Sr. Management as needed to escalate or revisit based on changing business requirements.
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
20 Problem Solving
* You Must Have: *
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
Bachelor's degree in Operations, SupplyChain Management, Business ortechnical field (or within 6 months of completed Bachelor’s degree).Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical, electro-mechanical or electronic quality, quality inspection, test and/or manufacturing fields.
* We Value: *
- Established and working knowledge of current quality assurance/quality inspection processes
- Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
Understanding of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req164399
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
For more information on how we process your information in the job application process, please refer to Recruitment Privacy Notice .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.