Goodwill of Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas Staff Accountant in Kansas City, Missouri
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the Finance Department and
contributing to its success through the timely and accurate completion of records related to the operations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow the generally accepted accounting principals in performance of all duties.
• Manage the Accounts Payable process including entry, payments, and process improvements.
• Back up the payroll administrator and process payroll in their absence.
• Prepare month end journal entries on a timely basis.
• Reconcile and correct if necessary assigned general ledger accounts.
• Assist in the monthly closing of the financial books.
• All other duties assigned by the Director of Accounting.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. This is a sedentary role, some filing is required. The employee must have the ability to
communicate verbally and apply active listening skills, lift up to 25 pounds, and bend and stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/TravelThis is a full-time position. Office hours are generally Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Friday, 8:00 a.m to
2:30 p.m., however some flexibility of the schedule is permissible with supervisor approval.
The StaffWindows environment including Microsoft Excel
10-key by touch Accounting software Accountant will be a proven leader with the following:
• Knowledge of GAAP regulations
• Working knowledge of not-for-profit environments preferred
• Commitment to mission of the organization
• Ability to quickly and accurately prepare statements and reports as requested
• Knowledge of A/P, A/R, coding, general ledgers, journal entries and financial statements
• Ability to accurately reconcile ledger accounts
• Ability to accurately track cash flow and bank activity
• The incumbent should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• Solid proficiency in all aspects of technology, not limited to;
o Windows environment, including Microsoft Excel
o 10-key by touch
o Accounting software
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 125 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of unwanted items provides funds that stay local, helping us to support thousands of job seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in the community. That’s why 88¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
External Company Name: Goodwill of Western MO & Eastern KS
Street: 800 E. 18th Street