State Street Spring 2019 Financial Reporting Graduate Internship in Kansas City, Missouri
State Street, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, is offering an internship opportunity for Master's level students in the Financial Reporting department within the Fund Administration division for the Spring 2019 semester in Kansas City, MO.
The intern will be responsible for performing Financial Reporting tasks which can include:
- Perform the following functions to facilitate financial statement preparation: input various data elements and comparison of financial data related to prior period financial statements; maintain security detail in financial reporting database.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information in accordance with US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Perform reconciliation steps of financial statement information to Fund Accounting records or other supporting documentation.
- Prepare first draft of semi-annual and annual Form N-SAR regulatory filing; research client questions using SEC filing instructions and internal procedures.
State Street’s Spring 2019 Internship in Kansas City starts on Monday, January 28, 2019 and runs through Friday, May 3, 2019. Spring Interns work 20 hours per week.
As an Intern, you must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as you will be in a collaborative, team-oriented environment where professional cooperation is a leading factor of success.
We are seeking individuals with a strong internal drive and motivation – self-starters who are deadline-driven and highly proficient at multitasking.
Furthermore, we are seeking individuals who will emulate our organization’s professionalism, as confidentiality, competence and general maturity is essential when handling our clients’ business.
Additional requirements of the Internship include:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field
- GPA minimum of 3.0 or better based on a 4.0 scale
- Experience with securities processing, general ledger accounting and financial statement review is a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills, along with the ability to learn customized technology quickly
Ability to work 20 hours per week from January 28 to May 3, 2019
Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Part time