Grant Thornton LLP SOC Senior Associate in Kansas City, Missouri
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Grant Thornton’s Advisory professionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, transform value today, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holistic solutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technical depth and industry insight to our clients.
*Strategic Assurance & SOC Services Senior Associate *
The SA&S Senior Associates are responsible for delivering a full range of attest services to our clients, as well as all phases of assigned projects and engagement management for multiple clients. Responsibilities include the overall planning, direction and completion of system and organization controls (SOC) 1, 2, 2 and 3 readiness and examination engagements. This includes the development and supervision of assigned staff, and assisting in client management and related practice development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Work with organizations to identify and manage business process and information technology risks within their strategy execution model. * Assist clients in applying key frameworks including SOC 1, SOC 2, HITRUST, HIPAA, Sheltered Harbor and NIST. * Execute assigned SSAE 18 client engagements from start to completion, which includes the overall planning, execution, direction, and completion of engagements and managing the engagements to budget. * Manage the day-to-day aspects of engagements, including managing multiple work streams simultaneously and re-prioritizing tasks when unanticipated issues arise. * Supervise, train, and mentor assigned staff members and assess the performance of the staff members for their engagement reviews. * Evaluate and test client-related business process and information technology controls and identify areas of risk for each. * Apply current knowledge of information technology trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other opportunities for overall process improvement. * Work with assigned team members and client personnel to plan engagement strategy, define objectives, and address technology-related controls risks and issues. * Maintain professionalism and rapport with the client. Proactively interact with key client management to manage expectations, help ensure client satisfaction, meet client deadlines, and resolve any problems. * Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or related field preferred. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- In process or interest in pursuing a CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- MS Project is a plus.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment.
- Strong leadership, recruiting, training, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
- Travel percentage: 40% BENEFITS: Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits please visit http://www.gt.com/.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer and industrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, and technology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursue growth holistically — whether through revenue improvement, leadership, mission fulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Title: SOC Senior Associate
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 046811
Other Locations: US-MN-Minneapolis