Jackson County Missouri Senior Residential Appraiser in Kansas City, Missouri
- Responsible for making field and office appraisals of more difficult and complex agricultural and residential, special purpose (condo’s, coop’s), and vacant properties.
- Gathers, records, maintains and analyzes a variety of data such as zoning, asking and selling prices, income and building costs
- Receives and investigates complaints about property assessments, makes reappraisals and submits recommendations at hearings.
- Prepares and supports technical cases for the Board of Equalization hearings and State Tax Commission hearings.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have successfully completed courses or their equivalent in IAAO Courses I, II, III and Appraisal Institute classes in 1A1/8-1 Real Estate Principles, 8-2 Residential Valuation or 1A2 Basic Valuation Procedures.
- Must successfully complete the Standards of Professional Practice Course.
- Certified by the State of Missouri as a Residential Real Estate Appraiser in one year preferred.
- Must possess a valid Missouri Drivers License. Submit to/pass pre-employment drug screen.