State Street Ops Specialist, SrAssc in Kansas City, Missouri
The Derivative Operations Specialist is responsible for accurately posting domestic and foreign derivatives, including but not limited to swap, Future, Options and collateral transactions to our Custody and Accounting systems. This individual resolves data quality issues through interaction with accounting and client service groups in North America and Europe. The individual acts as a second level resource within assigned business unit to process transactions in accordance to established procedures. This individual performs various daily tasks within the business unit as necessary to support processing routines and assists junior staff members with other related duties as required. The Specialist also reviews work of junior team members for accuracy and serves as a resource.
- Process all derivative trades to Lombard Systems accurately and timely. This includes, but is not limited to futures, options, and swaps.
- Solid understanding of OTC swaps products.
- Solid understanding of the swap life cycle.
- Work with WIMCS and fund groups to resolve all matters concerning derivative related money movements and accounting questions.
- Complete reconciliations.
- Adhere to established operating, risk, and compliance controls and standard operating procedures.
- Elevate areas of potential loss/exposure immediately and include supporting documentation.
- Serves as a technical resource to Junior staff.
- Knowledge of down stream effects and economic impact of the different types of derivatives is critical.
- Ability to apply industry knowledge to help other staff members.
- Bachelors Degree with emphasis in accounting, finance or economics.
- Minimum 4+ years related work experience.
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills including expressing complex ideas and concepts.
- Computer proficient including spreadsheet and database applications.
Advanced Visual Basic and SharePoint experience a plus.
Posted 11 Days Ago
- Full time