Honeywell Leader Business Development in Kansas City, Missouri
Leader Business Development
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Leader Business Development leads activities to achieve portfolio and business objectives by supporting U.S. Government (primarily Department of Defense (DoD)) related sustainment challenges including trusted microelectronic supply chain markets. Demonstrated significant business impact overmultiple DoD customer/sponsor networks. Instrumental in identifying and obtaining new business and recognized within Senior Management as the primary authority for new program development. Primary party responsible for capturing new business utilizing capture management strategies and processes. This will span the spectrum from identifying and developing new business prospects, to maturing prospects and relationships, to developing and leading pursuits and proposal efforts. Implements winning strategies to target multiple, and often highly complex technical requirements by effective use of Kansas City National Security Campus (KCNSC) resources and processes. Professionally represent KCNSC internally and externally, including senior and executive management levels.
Develop, plan and execute against assigned portfolio financial targets. Forecast two to three years ahead and develop strategies to meet emerging requirements. Implements business development strategies to achieve long term business goals. Identifies industry and governmenttrendsbefore they are widely understood.Develops and approves action plans to meet emerging needs. Works withsenior management to define key business initiatives and strategies. Ownership of new business development andmaintenance for assigned sponsors. Maintenance and compliance of the businesscapture process. Functions as knowledge expert on business developmentprocesses and procedures and phase gates. Is the face of KCNSC to a variety ofcustomers which will span from Flag/SES level government employees, tocorporate senior leadership, to engineers / technical experts, to programmanagement, to contracts and legal. Isable to flex across this diverse set of customers to identify their pain pointsand create KCNSC solutions that addresses customer requirements, funding, and schedule. Takes steps to investigate and evaluate underlyingcustomer needs beyond those initially expressed. Effectively uses program development andnegotiation skills with customers. Builds new customer relationships andexecutes against contact plans. Participates in value proposition developmentand approval. Partners with Program Management and Engineering to effectivelycapture new business. Instrumental inmaintaining customer relationships and customer confidence which directly impactsfuture business opportunities. Recognizesand initiates partnering at a customer level. Create, compose and implementexternal teaming alliances. Mentors and coaches others within the organizationon business development activities.
This position requires extensive travel, up to 50-75%.
25 Leads activities to achieve portfolio and business objectives
25 Identifying and obtaining new business
25 Develop strategies to meet emerging requirements
25 Lead a growth culture
YOU MUST HAVE
- 8 years + experience working with government sponsors.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business field from an accredited institution/program.
- U.S. citizenship, required to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q"-level and TS/SCI security clearance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DoD customers requiring obsolescence, DMSMS or trusted microelectronics supply chain services.
- Demonstrated ability to architect new solutions to meet customer needs.
- Experience in program development within the DoD.
- Existing relationships and networks in the DoD.
- Successful business development experience with demonstrated record of accomplishments.
- Track record of growth target achievement and experience.
- Recognized within senior leadership as the primary authority in business development.
- Self-starter, with ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish strong team relationships in a matrix organization.
- Must possess excellent listening skills.
- Experience in proposal development.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidentially with customers and internal management at all organizational levels.
- Six-Sigma trained/certified (Greenbelt or Black belt) preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- PMP certification preferred.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req154194
- Category: Business Development
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.