Aerotek Accounts Payable Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Aston Carter is working with an energy company in the KC area that is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team! They are seeking candidates with 3+ years of accounts payable experience at a medium to large company and project accounting experience. There will be some work from home flexibility!
They are targeting to pay $20-26/hr.
• Prepare batches of invoices for data entry, including two and three way matching to purchase orders
• Receive and process invoices for goods and services to be matched against purchase orders
• Manage invoice approval process, coordinating with project managers and subject matter experts to ensure timely processing
• Process employee expense reports
• Print checks and prepare electronic funds transfers
• Reconcile vendor statements
• Answer all vendor inquiries
• 1099 preparation
• Auditing check figures, postings, and documents to ensure that they are correct
• Ensure vendor terms and discounts are properly coded
• Maintain proper backup files for research and reference
• Meet deadlines and work within time constraints, especially in weekly check runs and monthly close process
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar finance related field
• 3+ years of experience entering AP at a medium to large company
• Project accounting experience with 50+ simultaneous jobs or projects
• Experience in a publicly traded company or highly regulated industry preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Familiarity with Concur Expense Suite
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.