Black & Veatch Sales Tax Analyst in Jefferson City, Missouri
Sales Tax Analyst
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 31423
Job Title : Sales Tax Analyst
Location : USVRTL, KCP
Business Unit Sector : COR-CORP-FINANCE
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Responsible for sales tax compliance and return preparation, including applicable research related to specific sales tax compliance issues. Works under frequent supervision.
Compliance and Reporting:
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales tax returns
• Maintain track of current compliance and ensures all sales tax returns are filed in a timely manner and are organized for record
Planning and Research:
• Research sales tax issues
• Responsible for understanding client projects
• Assist with special projects
Dispute and Resolutions:
• Assist with documentation for sales tax inquiries
• Retrieve information for sales tax exams
Accounting for Taxes:
• Reconcile sales tax general ledger accounts
• Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvement
Primary Internal Clients:
• Primary internal clients are finance managers and/or finance supervisors
• May assist with requests from other departments, business lines and entities as needed with tax issues
Preferred Technical Skills:
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Basic
• Microsoft Excel, Intermediate
• Knowledge of Black and Veatch Systems, Basic
• Knowledge of percent complete accounting, Basic
• General Accounting knowledge, specifically reconciliation of accounts, Basic
• Knowledge of Financial Statement analysis, Basic
• Knowledge of Sales & Use Tax, Basic
• Tax research skills, basic Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
• Written Communications
• Peer Relationships
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Problem Solving
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically 2+ years' related experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.