Black & Veatch Operations Director - Contract Administration and Claim Avoidance in Jefferson City, Missouri
Operations Director - Contract Administration and Claim Avoidance
We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.
Company : Black & Veatch Corporation
Req Id : 33221
Job Title : Operations Director - Contract Administration and Claim Avoidance
Location : KCP, USVRTL
Business Unit Sector : COR-POWER-PROJECTS SERVICES
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Project Only Hire : No
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Responsible for Division level administration of the Contract Management and Claim Avoidance organization supporting the Power Division.
• Manage Contract Management and Claim Avoidance team in the support of Project Execution Teams.
• Direct support in the preparation of claims (offensive and/or defensive) related to Clients, Subcontractors or Suppliers.
• Provide mitigation and preparatory strategies to Project Teams as part of advanced claim avoidance.
• Supervise detailed audits of Project documents (eMails, Minutes of Meeting, Letters, Notices, Progress Reports, Cost Reports, etc.) and preparation of document timelines of key events in advance of writing Claim Particulars.
• Support Project staff with negotiation of project-related disputes or claims with Clients, Subcontractors and or Suppliers, ensuring resolution.
• Coordination with Legal Department to facilitate project-wide compliance with applicable laws and Company policies.
• Review claim avoidance strategies and on-going claim development with Legal Department as appropriate and in particular with disputes/claims which may lead to Arbitration or Litigation.
• Supervise development of Commercial Awareness presentations and Claim Avoidance presentation for Projects, as requested.
• Act as a mentor for Project Site Subcontract/Procurement personnel or other Project Execution Team members directly responsible for day to day commercial management and administration of EPC Contracts, Subcontracts and major Purchase Orders.
• Personnel administration (staff recruiting, retention and reductions).
• Oversight of reporting to Senior Management on the status of potenial and/or actual claims.
Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
Preferred fifteen (15) years experience in the Procurement/Contracts Management field with ten (10) years in a Claims Management position. Five (5) years experience in a senior management position.
Expertise in legal/contractual agreements, EPC project claims and defenses, and complex dispute resolution processes
Excellent and creative problem solving skills
Leadership in initiating and supporting corporate -wide change and innovation
Expert Audit Skills
Proficient Computer - Database and MS Office
Proficient Analytics - Creation and Interpretation
Advance Attention to Detail
Expert Communications - Written and Oral
Expert Quantum Analysis
Expert Presentation Skills
Expert Training Development
Bachelors Degree (BA, BS, or MS graduate, or Juris Doctorate (JD) including relevant work experience).
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical office environment. Travel and relocation may be required.
Black & Veatch endeavors to makeaccessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at (913) 458-2147. This contact information is fordisability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickand.
Notice to External Search Firms: Black & Veatch partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Black & Veatch will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visitand register with our referral code: bv123. Once registered, Black & Veatch will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
Nearest Major Market: Kansas City