Benson Industries, Inc. Paralegal in Chesterfield, Missouri
MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
Summary: The Paralegal is responsible for maintaining corporate records and litigation files, developing and instituting processes within the paralegal function, and providing a range of legal support to attorneys in the Enterprise Legal Department (presently, five attorneys).
- Operating independently, develop and institute processes for the paralegal function
- Provide supervision and direction to administrative assistant, as appropriate
- Maintain domestic and international corporate minute books.
- Prepare corporate resolutions and other corporate documents.
- Renew Certificates of Authorization, file Annual Reports and Franchise Tax Reports in all states necessary for MiTek Inc. and affiliates. Maintain records of issues that arise in each state. Retain document files in legal file system
- Maintain and disseminate updated listings of all U.S. and Foreign Directors and Officers
- Review documents and draft legal documents
- Perform legal and factual research, perform records research
- Coordinate with insurance companies in connection with reporting claims, designating local attorneys, maintaining cost schedules for covered claims
- Organize and maintain litigation files
- Gather records and prepare responses for subpoenas and discovery
- Collaborate with outside law firms, regarding, for example, patent and trademark applications, renewals, annuities, non-IP matters, and insurance retained counsel concerning product and other litigation
Create and maintain reports including Quarterly Litigation Reserve Report Required Skills
Thorough knowledge of legal principles and practices
- Thorough knowledge of legal research technique
- Strong research and writing skills
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Required Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or Certificate Program in Paralegal Studies
- Industry recognized certification from organizations such as NALA or AACP
- Five years of experience as Paralegal, in-house experience preferred
- Notary, preferred
- Experience in using legal database software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in redlining documents using Microsoft Word Track Changes
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tracking Code: P17218
Job Location: Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular